Reports To: Executive Department
Last Updated: August 27, 2019
Responsible for cleaning buildings, removing debris, and keeping areas neat and tidy for customer and employee use.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash ensuring the receptacles are clean from the inside out.
- Service, clean and maintain supplies for restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines and equipment.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Vacuum and/or steam clean carpet area.
- During winter season clean out the pellet stove of any debris.
- Identify and report any possible repairs of building to the Engineering Manager.
- Take stock of cleaning and sanitizing supplies and communicate replenishment needs to HR Manager.
- Other assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- Ability to read Safety Data Sheets (SDS) of chemicals to ensure proper use and storage.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety gloves and/or goggles when appropriate.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers in a professional and courteous manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be able to bend, walk, push and lift items.