Department: Retail Operations
Reports To: Customer Service Supervisor
Status: Non Exempt
Primary Location: Cloudcroft, NM
Last Updated: August 13, 2019
The Customer Service Specialist (“CSS”) takes part in all commercial activities of TBTC and its subsidiaries and assists in the development of strategies to increase sales and usage of services and equipment, including receiving payments from customers, recording monetary transactions and maintaining accurate records. The CSS is involved in all aspects of customer relations, from initial contact to assisting with new services, service changes, billing, nonpayment, and final disconnection of an account. The CSS provides support and assistance in the resolution of routine customer questions/problems with company products and services.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
- Include but are not limited to the following:
- Responds to public inquiries on the selection and availability of services and on billing questions about local service, toll charges, or other TBTC and subsidiary offerings.
- Provides support and assistance in the resolution of routine customer requests, questions, problems, etc.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of all company products and services in order to more effectively meet the needs of customers and promote use of such services.
- Possesses good communication skills and is able to handle day-to-day service problems with subscribers in person or over the telephone.
- Completes application and contract forms, determines charges for services requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address record, and issues service orders.
- Analyzes information obtained to determine practicability of subscriber requests and advises subscriber on selection and utilization of services.
- Solicits sale of new or additional services as opportunities present themselves on a daily basis.
- Addresses customer complaints to meet customer needs while maintaining company interests.
- Maintains accurate and current information on customer accounts on a per-contact basis.
- Ensures accuracy of customer information for service and directory needs.
- Proactively meets the needs of all customers in a timely, efficient and friendly manner.
- Assists with collection efforts on past due accounts.
- Assist with special customer service projects as time allows.
- Completes other assignments as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates degree or one year certificate from a college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and regulations.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively, persuasively and clearly with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to efficiently count payment amounts and return correct change to customers in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in unique situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to stay abreast of policy and procedures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet access, Order processing systems, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Valid driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, typical office functionalities and work environment. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus while utilizing computer.