Reports To: General Manager
Last Updated: February 27, 2019
The IT Support Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting TBTC/TCI’s portfolio of managed IT service offerings including managed networking, antivirus, desktop and server support, backups, IP cameras, IP phones, and other related products. Provides assistance to customers by answering questions, and resolving technical problems.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
- Responds to product and service inquiries. Informs and educates potential customers by evaluating hardware and software applications for their needs.
- Provides system administration engineering, provisioning, maintenance and support to include but not limited to routers, firewalls, switches/hubs, access points and servers.
- Provides technical expertise for Cloud based networks, Apple Projects, Windows, Windows Server and Android environments, Exchange, Active Directory, Hosted VoIP plans and Microsoft Outlook included but not limited to troubleshooting, testing, installation, configuration, maintenance and application integration.
- Designs, installs, maintains customer Local Area or Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN).
- Engage directly with prospective customers to assess their IT needs and suggest suitable products to address those needs.
- Create on-board plans for new customer and implement them in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer IT support requests and resolve them remotely or on-site as needed.
- Keep customer systems updated with the latest security and critical updates.
- Maintain keen awareness of emerging technologies, solutions, or products.
- Support TBTC/TCI’s internal IT needs as required.
- Provide technical support to TBTC/TCI’s broadband subscribers as required.
- Proactively perform assigned duties in a timely, efficient and friendly manner.
- Assist business customers in coordinating policies, procedures and standards with the prospective networks.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field or 2 years or more of experience in IT or IT support
- Experience managing, maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server, Desktop and Apple Products operating systems and related applications in small to medium business environments
- Possess hands-on experience with backup and recovery software applications.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to translate business needs into technology solutions.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and contribute to a team environment.
- Possess a strong commitment to quality customer service.
- Familiar with antivirus, security software and troubleshooting services affected by these software applications.
- Basic IP networking skills.
- Basic PC repair.
- Ability to write and speak in a concise, clear and polite manner.
- Skilled at communicating product/service-related concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.